Educators & Students
We especially welcome educators and students to the Los Angeles Printers Fair. Students of typography, graphic design, printmaking, print history, book arts and many other subjects will be richly rewarded by a visit. As our primary mission is education, the Museum and the LA Printers Fair is a great way to get students involved in learning about the ways of printing. You might even consider having your students submit a report and photos about their visit to the Fair. You can also find out about the Museum’s History in Motion trailer and educational programs that can be tailored to specific classes. The Museum specializes in innovative presentations about the history of printing and is experienced working with classes, home-schooling groups and community organizations.
Volunteer at the 10th Annual LA Printers Fair on Saturday, October 13th and/or Sunday October 14th from 8am-5pm at the International Printing Museum! Learn about graphic arts, typography, letterpress, printmaking, paper making and more and in the process meet some new friends. Volunteers attend free! Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
Register online and choose a category and time slots.
If you have any direct questions, you can contact the Fair Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call (805) 796-7981.
Some of the Volunteer categories include:
- Decorating / Setup – Come anytime to the Museum between 10am-6pm on Friday, October 13, 2017 to help decorate and set-up for the Fair. We will also be doing decorations and set up on every Saturday up to the Fair so you are always welcome to come down and help!
- Admission collection / Volunteer Check-in (2 hour-shift) – Collect Admission and give visitors information and a Fair Show Guide
- Printing Demonstrators – Assist with demonstrations of printing techniques on antique presses, requires advance training. *Regular IPM Docents: Sign-up here with the area you want to demonstrate in the front gallery or back building. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the times you’ll be volunteering, and your demonstration area. Thank you!
- Vendor Assistants ( 2 hour-shift) – Help Vendors unload and set-up booths the morning of the Fair, substitute at their booths while they take a break
- Information / Answering Phones (2 hour-shift) – Using our Frequently-Asked-Questions List, answer phone and in person questions
- Snack / Drink Station (2 hour-shift) – Sell snacks and drinks during the Fair
- Paper making and Printing Assistants (2 hour-shift) – Help our lead papermaker or printmakers run their programs
- Parking Directors / Greeters (2 hour-shift) – Monitor traffic during the Fair and parking across the street, as well as greet attendees
- Photography / Videography (all day) – Professional photographs and videos that can be utilized by the Museum for marketing purposes