Independence Day Celebration
June 29 | 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$15
“The Confounding Brothers”
Saturday, June 29th, 10am to 4pm
Celebrate the Country’s Birthday at the Printing Museum’s annual Independence Day Celebration event with our Founding Fathers, otherwise known as “The Confounding Brothers!” Ben Franklin, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson will give a humorous and thought provoking account of the creation of The Declaration of Independence and how our nation came to be.
The day’s festivities include special working tours of the Printing Museum collections, including the opportunity to print your own Declaration on Franklin’s Colonial press. Take home lots of patriotic souvenirs printed on our authentic tabletop presses.
Your admission includes a lunch of Freedom Dogs, American Apple Pie, and Colonial Punch in Madame Brillon’s French Garden de Liberte, all while being serenaded by our 18th Century musicians The Colonial Roses. Activities for the whole family are throughout the day in the Museum galleries.
In the Museum’s Heritage theater there will be the entertaining show “The Confounding Brothers” written and performed by our own Phil Soinski. Franklin, Jefferson, and Adams lightheartedly examine the events leading up to this Day of Independence. Please note there is limited seating in the theater and reservations are recommended. Event runs from 10am-4pm. Performances at 11am and 1 pm.
Plan to show up at least an hour before showtime and to stay for 2-3 hours watching the show and doing activities. The show is suitable for all ages 10 and up.
General Admission is $15 per person, or a group rate of $50 for up to 4 people.
IPM Members are $12 per person, or a group rate of $40 for up to 4 people.
- If you purchase tickets for the 3 pm show we suggest you come 1 1/2 to 2 hours beforehand as the event ends at 4 pm when you leave the show.
- The Museum will email you a reservation acknowledgment within a few hours; please bring this email or your payment receipt with you as extra proof of payment for admission to the event. Thank you.
- We may have a few walk-in tickets or cancellations. Please call the Museum to inquire about obtaining last minutes tickets.
- Remember you do not need a theater ticket to enjoy the day, walk in tickets will be available for people to enjoy all the activities and food just without a theater performance. The Colonial friends will be out and about in the gallery as well.
- PLEASE NOTE: No refunds will be given for cancellations one week prior to the event. If you cancel at that time, you may consider the amount paid as a tax-deductible donation to the Museum to support its educational efforts.