The Los Angeles Printers Fair will be held Saturday, October 4, 2014 from 9 am to 4 pm. The Fair supports the non-profit International Printing Museum and its educational mission.
The Fair is suitable for all ages. General admission is $8 for all ages. Students, educators, enthusiasts, collectors, typophiles, bibliophiles, graphic designers, artists and professionals will enjoy the varied demonstrations and array of vendors. Children are welcome but need to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
ACTIVITIES RUNNING THROUGHOUT THE DAY INCLUDE:
• LETTERPRESS SWAP MEET – Don’t miss your chance to buy antique letterpress equipment and everything you need for your own print shop. Type-lovers, graphic designers, artists, printers and members of the public are welcome to peruse hundreds of cases of type and thousands of pounds of equipment and presses in the largest printing swap meet in the Southwest.
• GENERAL GALLERY TOURS – Experience 500 years of printing history as our knowledgeable docents guide you through our collection. Letterpress demonstrations on various presses will be on-going throughout the day.
• TYPE CASTING and PRINTING DEMONSTRATIONS – Demonstrations of the Museum’s collection of antique presses will be ongoing throughout the day. Be enthralled and fascinated by experiencing printing both traditional and modern.
• THE 40’s PRINTING SHOP – Travel back in time to experience a 40’s era working print shop. See Windmills, Ludlows, Linotypes, platen presses, proofing presses, a Miehle Vertical and our vast collection of wood and metal type. Have your name cast in metal on our working linotype.
• SHOP and BUY – Purchase beautiful letterpress-printed pieces, artist books, gorgeous handmade and commercial paper, screen print your own shirt. There will be nearly one hundred vendors at the fair.
• SHOW & TELL WALL – Once again we are going to have a giant Show & Tell Wall at the LA Printers Fair! Post your prints, posters, design samples, business cards, typography and more on our fence for everyone to see and comment on.
PARKING: Please park across Torrance Boulevard in the K-mart Shopping Center. Use the crosswalk at the light to get to the Fair. You may also drop off visitors in front of the Museum main entrance. There is no parking on the Museum’s property.
ADMISSION: $8 General Admission for everybody, all ages. Cash is recommended though we do take credit cards. EXACT CHANGE IS APPRECIATED. You may also purchase your Fair tickets through PayPal and bring your printed receipt as proof of admission or show your receipt at the door on your mobile device. Click HERE to purchase your tickets before the Fair!
FOOD & DRINKS: Cold drinks and snacks will be available for sale. A couple of food trucks will also be on site to stave off your hunger for food. You may also bring your own snacks and drinks. There are a couple of Fast Food restaurants across the street.
WEATHER: We will hold the Fair rain or shine. Wear comfortable clothing.
PURCHASES: Bring your own tote or reusable bag to store items you may be purchasing or to hold free material.
*If you plan on purchasing presses or other equipment you will need to carry your item to your vehicle. A rolling cart might be advisable. You will need to make individual arrangements with Vendors on the delivery of your press or heavier equipment. Each vendor will handle all payments either by cash, check, credit card or PayPal.
SILENT AUCTION: There will be a Silent Auction held during the fair to benefit the Musuem. The auction will be an opportunity to win amazing prizes such as: Artist Books, Printing Equipment and Presses, Fonts of Metal and Wood type, Printing Supplies, Etchings and Prints, and more.
VOLUNTEERS: We need scores of Volunteers for the Printers Fair before, during and afterwards. Volunteers will receive free admission. For more information about being a volunteer and the various areas of help needed, or to sign up as a volunteer, please CLICK HERE or contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
For more information or comments regarding the 2013 Los Angeles Printers Fair, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.